Project status

Oct 22, 2011 at 2:35 AM

What's the status of this project?  Are there plans to continue with it?  I started on my own cloud storage abstraction but then came across this today.  I'd love to not duplicate effort!  ;)

Thanks,

Andrew

Oct 24, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Hi,

The project is alive, however is probably not in sync with the latest Azure / AWS SDKs dependencies (Should not a problem since the 'Storage' part has only received minor improvements).

I strongly suggest that you have a look the sources, it is really simple but effective. If you want read/write access to the sour code, i can do that.

Oct 28, 2011 at 7:54 PM

Do you have the ability to use Mercurial instead of subversion or TFS for the project?  Since I'm not 100% familiar with your code and I don't know exactly which direction you want to take the project, I'd feel much better contributing in a distributed fashion.  Using Github would be great, but I realize that's a bigger change!  ;)

Oct 28, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Hi,

No problem to move to github, i will setup the repo in the next 3 days. (I'll post a message here again once done) However i'm a strong supporter of nuget for releases and believe there should not be multiple 'branches' shipped as separate nuget packages, at least on the official gallery.

Oct 28, 2011 at 9:02 PM

I totally agree that NuGet is the best way to deliver packages like this, but I don't think it'll be a problem.  Since your project is obviously more mature than mine (since there's not much done in mine yet!), I'm going to try and "resolve" any differences in opinion we might have by building on top of what you have.  What this would mean for nuget would be that I would have a sort of "addon" package that has a dependency on the core cloud4net package.

I'm looking forward to getting into this full steam!

Oct 29, 2011 at 12:07 AM

my newborn github repo is up there

https://github.com/jbrunet/cloud4net

Seems that everything is there and compiles (i've commited vs2010 sources only).

Contact me there or on github for any issues